Popular Posts

Sunday, November 27, 2011

My mom's macaroni salad

 I do not like mayo. It is horrible to me, and therefore, I NEVER eat any type of store bought salad. No macaroni salad, no potato salad. Nothing. 
This distresses me, because I am a pasta lover. However, lucky for me I have a mom who managed to change my feelings for mayo into a love hate relationship by making her AMAZING macaroni salad. It was one of the first things I made her teach me how to cook before I moved out at 18. I make it for potlucks, superbowl parties, fourth of july and in todays case, because it was all I had left in my cupboards! 
Even if you aren't a fan of macaroni salad, I urge you to try this recipe out, and let me know if you're a fan because of it!

 You'll need: 
1 package of ditalini pasta
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of mayo ( you can add more if you prefer, this is just my preference.) 
4 TBSP Dill relish
3 hard boiled eggs
2 TBSP mustard
a pinch of salt

First, boil your pasta, then drain out the water. Place into a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients. CUT UP YOUR EGGS :) then mix all together, let chill in the freezer ( preferably overnight or for at least 4 hours) and it's really that simple! Happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment