Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Banana Coconut Muffins

 I am so proud of these muffins!
I am not a baker by any means, I don't do too well with baking it never seems to turn out right. I got this recipe off a friend of a friends blog, and it was simple, quick ( LESS THAN AN HOUR FROM BEGINNING TO EATING!)  and YUMMY! Everyone in my house ate them as soon as they came out, guess I should have doubled the recipe ;) 

What you'll need: 

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed (should be right about 3/4 cup)
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg

1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut plus more for tops of muffins
*I added milk to the batter, so that it would be smooth. I don't have a measurement for it I just used my eye. 
Preheat your oven to 375. 
You'll place all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and blend until you have a nice batter, you don't want it to be too thick or too watery so BE CAREFUL when adding the milk. Place into muffin tin, and put coconut shreds on top of batter. Cook for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and coconut is nice and toasty! 
Enjoy!

Original recipe: agirlandhermixerjune.wordpress.com 
Adjustments by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment